Presents an Angel News Network Publication!
Spiritual Journalist and author Joel Dennis Anastasi
Life Mastery was divinely inspired and written with channeled material from Trance Channel, Jeff Fasano, author of Journey of the Awakened Heart
INTRODUCTION TO LIFE MASTERY
Most of us believe we are here for a purpose. And if you’re anything like me, you may have spent a good deal of your life trying to figure out what that purpose is.
I have been a student or a presenter of life/career planning programs a good deal of my life. I have seen people from widely different backgrounds, ranging from poor minorities to wealthy senior corporate executives, struggle with the same core questions:
. Who am I?
. Why am I here?
. What should I be doing with my life?
We ask these questions because we want to be happy and fulfilled in our personal lives and careers. We want to figure out what our life paths should be and muster the courage to follow them.
It may appear simplistic to think that a mere life/career planning program can help achieve those challenging goals, but if any program can, I believe this one can. The management and human-development programs I have worked with professionally usually have been created by people associated with the field of psychology. This program was not.
Life Mastery is divinely inspired. It comes from the Archangelic Realm of Michael.
I developed the Life Mastery program from channeled messages from Archangel Michael received through trance channel Jeff Fasano. Trance channels are able to go into a trance, allowing another energy or spirit to enter their body and use their voice to speak.
Jeff had his first channeling experience on his forty-fourth birthday in 2002 when he channeled the Archangel Michael. Since then he has channeled many spiritual entities from the highest dimensions of the divine realms. Jeff, to me, is one of the most powerful spiritual channels of our time and a true gift to mankind’s spiritual growth and evolution.
Spiritual channeling was not new to me when I encountered these materials. I had spent most of the first decade of this century becoming quite familiar with channeling while writing my book The Second Coming, The Archangel Gabriel Proclaims a New Age. The Second Coming records my conversations with the Archangel Gabriel channeled by trance channel Robert Baker. I am a trained journalist. I found channel Robert Baker completely credible and my experience with Archangel Gabriel powerful.
Jeff and I met through Robert Baker and were now part of a group of five men, a precursor to the Angel News Network (see links page), who were preparing for a spiritual journey to Mt. Shasta in 2010. The trip was guided by channeled instructions from the Archangel Michael, who asked us to prepare for our journey by reviewing teachings Michael had presented through Jeff a few years earlier.
As I reviewed the material, I soon realized that it covered subjects included in many outstanding management development programs I had worked with in corporate America. However, the lectures and exercises took the students far deeper into their psyches than any programs I had encountered.
Initially, I adapted this material into a twelve-lesson self-study program. Concurrently, Jeff was channeling additional teachings from Michael, which he later published as Journey of the Awakened Heart: Discovering Who You Are and Why Are You Here. I have taken material from that book and expanded Life Mastery into its current sixteen-lesson format. (I recommend Jeff’s book if you wish to learn more about the channeling experience and for its rich, clear content.)
The result, in my view, is the finest program dealing with life/career issues I have seen. Indeed, it is far more than that. To me, not only has Michael given us a brilliant guide for living, but I believe this program also can justly be described as a great manifesto of human freedom.
Why? My answer relates to the spiritual context Michael offers for these teachings. (This program works whether you resonate with the spiritual context or not.)
Michael teaches that each of us comes to this earthly plane as an individual soul with a mission to learn life lessons we ourselves have chosen. This mission is part of our “divine soul plan.” (The soul is the individuated personification of God that lives within each human being.) Beginning in early childhood, our consciousness usually becomes so shaped and distorted by the influence and conditioning of others (family, culture, authority figures, etc.) that most of us lose sight of who we are and why we are here.
“You have displaced your power and greatness,” Michael says. “You have given yourself away and put yourself in the hands of others. It is time to go inside to find your authentic self, so that you may discover and be who you are. Through this process you will be deactivating the old conditioning of the nervous system and retraining it into the beingness of the self.”
That, essentially, is the mission of the Life Mastery program: To provide a process to help us (1) go inside to find our authentic selves and (2) deactivate our old, undesirable conditioning so that we may (3) retrain ourselves to fully be and express our authentic selves.
Life Mastery begins to deactivate our old conditioning by helping us identify and release old habits, patterns, and attachments that keep us stuck in lack and limitation. It encourages us to take responsibility for creating our new lives and sets us on the path of true fulfillment by teaching us how to think with our hearts. That prepares us for the ultimate goal, which is to identify our unique gifts, talents, and personal qualities and take them out into the world in ways that bring us joy and fulfillment.
As we work through the lessons, Life Mastery gradually moves us to new levels of consciousness so that we may fully be and express who we are. We learn to create new intentions for our lives and to develop the clarity and courage we need to state our needs, speak our truth without intention to harm, and set our boundaries—necessary tools for creating healthy, balanced lives.
Ultimately, what impresses me most about this program is the sheer authority of the teachings. Professional therapists, counselors, and coaches are trained to help us explore our issues and improve our lives using hearty doses of guidance and positive reinforcement to bolster our courage and self-esteem. And that, of course, can be healthy and valuable. However, when the Archangel Michael counsels us to “stand in your greatness,” “don’t try to fit in,” “blaze your own path,” and “step fearlessly into the unknown,” it resonates for me as powerful guidance from God. And that makes all the difference.
Some well-meaning friends who have participated in development workshops for this program or who have read and embraced the teachings have suggested I “hide” the spiritual source of this material because it is not credible in our “modern” world. In my view, it is the source that gives the program its credibility. Credibility, of course, like many things is a matter of personal discernment. As Life Mastery teaches, use discernment to decide what is right and true for you.
I have done so, and I am proud to proclaim to the “modern” world: “Hey folks, this is from God.
So my counsel is that whether you are seeking a fresh start or wishing to set a new course for your life, this program will launch you on an exciting journey of self-discovery and renewal—if you faithfully work through the program as Archangel Michael presents it.
The more effort you put into this program, the more you will get from it. Fully engage with the process, and you will be rewarded with the expanded consciousness you need to create the life you want and the courage to live it.
Once you begin this new journey, you will discover that the journey never truly ends. I predict you will be changing and growing with these teachings for the rest of your life.
Bon voyage! - Joel D. Anastasi
A MESSAGE FROM ARCHANGEL MICHAEL
We welcome you, as you are now ready to move into a new life of community, harmony, and equality.
Whether or not you know it consciously, you have reached the point where you are ready, open, and available to receive what you say you want.
This is not necessarily anything outside of you that validates or gratifies you. It is something that resonates within you.
Some who are reading this understand fully why you are here, and some of you are just getting a glimpse of it.
The important thing is that you are ready to find within you the answer to where you are going in the world.
As you begin the process of exploration in this program, we begin by asking:
. Why are you here?
. Are you here to get something for yourself?
. Are you here just to get by, endure life, and survive?
. Are you here to move out into the world to express your gifts and talents?
In your heart you know the answers, and it is time to take the next step.
You are here for the purpose of world service.
Loving who you are and what you do and bringing that out into the world is world service.
The answers to how you can do that are in your heart. That is why this program is designed to take you on a journey from the core of your mind into the core of your heart.
The messages and exercises contained within this program are tools to be utilized while making this journey.
As you begin reading the first message in lesson one, you will begin a process of allowing your heart to become the guiding force of your life. For some, the shift in consciousness that makes this possible is gradual. For others, it is sudden.
The process involves peeling layer upon layer of wounding from around your heart until you have moved into your heart and uncovered the essence of your truth. As you release each layer of wounding that surrounds your heart, you will also raise the level of resonance and vibration within you.
This occurs because each layer of wounding is filled with lower vibration energy, which simply represents what you have learned during childhood about how to survive in the world and how you were conditioned.
The intention of this program is to begin to peel away these layers of wounding.
As you progress through the lessons, you will discover your talents and gifts, and you will realize that your purpose in life involves giving these talents and gifts to the world in ways that bring you fulfillment and joy.
By engaging in this process of self-discovery, you will raise the level of resonance and vibration in yourself.
As you accomplish this, you will raise the level of resonance and vibration of the world, thus helping to co-create a new world of community, harmony, and equality.
HOW TO USE THIS WORKBOOK
Life Mastery is designed to be a self-study program. The learning is enhanced, however, when you work with others in groups. We encourage you to form Life Mastery groups where you can help each other process your issues, grow in consciousness, and incorporate these teachings into your lives.
This program, as we have told you, has a divine source. It is not a long program, but every paragraph and page contains valuable wisdom. The more you work with the material, the more wisdom you will discover, learn, and be empowered to employ.
We suggest you spend two to three hours each week completing one lesson a week for sixteen weeks. That generally is enough time to do the work the lessons require and to experience the momentum of the lessons building upon themselves. Ultimately, of course, follow a schedule that works for you. Michael urges that the lessons be done in the order they are presented.
If you are working in a group, we recommend that you come together two to three hours each week. If that is not convenient, try to meet at least twice a month to discuss how you are experiencing the teachings and exercises and how the lessons are showing up in your lives.
For those wishing to participate in a facilitated Life Mastery workshop, we at the Angel News Network plan to present Life Mastery webinars from time to time. Check for upcoming Life Mastery programs on our website: http://www.theangelnewsnetwork.com.
Get a notebook and begin to journal your experiences, responses, and thoughts as you work through the program. Journaling helps clarify your thinking and creates a record of your developing consciousness. As you review your journal, you will begin to see and understand yourself in new ways, which will provide valuable new insights for how to create the life you want and the courage to live it.
Here are some general guidelines for working together in your own peer-run groups.
1. Begin each session by allowing members to briefly share how the program’s teachings are showing up in their lives. Then move to a discussion of the key teachings in the current lesson(s).
2. Discussions of how participants experienced the exercises are best done in small groups of three or four. Groups of two limit the feedback. Larger groups tend to become unwieldy.
3. The answers to the questions in this program lie within us. So we serve others best by listening to how they are experiencing the lessons and exercises. To keep the discussions clear and focused and to help each other explore more deeply what is “within,” it occasionally can be helpful to ask clarifying questions, such as, Could you be more specific? What is an example of that? When do you plan to start? What do you think is stopping you? etc.
4. Refrain from trying to “fix” others. Briefly sharing your own relevant personal experiences can be useful, but don’t turn someone else’s sharing into a discussion about you or to try to impose your views on others.
5. Create a “safe” place by maintaining each other’s self-esteem. This program encourages participants to explore sensitive issues, including emotional wounding that has kept them stuck in lack and limitation. Participants are more willing to share if they feel safe.
6. All participants should have the opportunity to share equally. No one should dominate the discussion. Agree on time frames for sharing.
7. Trust the process. The wisdom is written into the program through the lessons and exercises. Again, the answers to most of our questions lie within us. The keys to unlocking the answers are in the teachings and exercises.
8. This program prepares you to decide where you want to go in the world. Once you decide, there are plenty of career-planning and job-search resources available in libraries, bookstores, and the Internet to help you plan strategies for achieving what you want. Use them.
9. Have fun. Laugh. Lighten up. Most issues are not as serious as we make them. Life is a process, not a destination. Seek to make your process an adventure. Challenges contain important lessons. Always ask, what is the lesson here? When you can’t think of anything else to do, smile. It tricks the brain. Remember, this is about creating joy in our lives!
10. When you are feeling stuck or need to be refreshed, return to Life Mastery for guidance. You will be amazed how fast your questions get answered. For a quick spiritual fix, revisit the counsel Quado and Steve Jobs offer at the beginning of this book. They’re both essentially saying the same thing: Create the life you want and the courage to live it! Go for it!
Complete this simple grounding exercise before beginning work on a new lesson or exercise. It will shift your consciousness and help you be more receptive to the learning.
Sit upright in a comfortable chair with your back supported and your feet firmly on the floor. Close your eyes and rest for a moment.
. Slowly breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth three times.
. As you breathe, move into the depth of your heart and connect with the essence of you.
. With each breath, mentally repeat: “I release and let go.”
. Fully release your thoughts from your mind.
. Let go of looking for answers, and just allow yourself to be.
. Remain where you are as long as you need to in stillness and silence.
. When you are ready, open your eyes and begin.
PRINCIPLES OF LIFE MASTERY
1. LET YOUR LOVE FOR YOURSELF POWER YOUR COURAGE TO BE YOU.
(LOVE YOURSELF AND LET LOVE POWER THE COURAGE TO BE YOU.)
2. BREAK OLD HABITS AND PATTERNS THAT KEEP YOU IN LACK AND
3. RELEASE ATTACHMENTS THAT DO NOT SERVE YOUR HIGHEST GOOD.
4. DEVELOP DISCERNMENT TO CHOOSE WHAT SERVES YOUR HIGHEST GOOD
(WHAT RESONATES IN YOUR HEART)
DEVELOP DISCERNMENT TO CHOSE WHAT SERVES YOUR HIGHEST GOOD
(THINK WITH YOUR HEART)
5. CREATE INTENTIONS THAT DEFINE WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE
(HARNESS THE POWER OF INTENTION TO DEFINE WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE.)
6. DEVELOP HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS THAT SUPPORT YOU ON YOUR PATH
(CULTIVATE OR FOSTER HEALTY RELATIONSHIPS THAT SUPPORT YOU ON YOUR PATH)
7. DISCOVER YOUR GIFTS AND TALENTS AND JOYFUL WAY (S) TO EMPLOY THEM
8. DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT AND WHAT’S BLOCKING YOU.
9. SET YOUR BOUNDARIES.
10. LET JOY GUIDE YOU FORWARD ON YOUR PATH
(CREATE YOUR NEW LIFE WITH JOY.)
1. Break Old Habits and Patterns That Keep You in Lack and Limitation
2. Release Attachments That Do Not Serve Your Highest Good
3. Shift Your Focus to the Inner Self as the Creator
4. Develop Discernment to Make Choices That Serve Your Highest
Good and the Highest Good of All
Good and the Highest Good of All
5. Think with Your Heart
6. Harness the Power of Intention and of the Word
7. Take Responsibility for Yourself
8. Trust Yourself
9. Take Charge of Your Life
10. Move Out into the World
11. Find Your Joy
12. Decide What You Want
13. Set Your Boundaries
14. Let Your Gifts and Talents Reveal Your Joy
15. Paint Your New Picture
16. Create Your New Life with Joy