Wednesday, September 1, 2021

THESE CHALLENGING TIMES

                                                     THESE CHALLENGING TIMES 



Phillip E.  Collins

It appears that all of the ‘wounds’ of the world and one another are surfacing all at once in our lives. I survived the AIDS pandemic and thought that was enough. Boy, was I wrong! 

To prevent myself from being in a constant state of overwhelm let me share a few methods and wisdoms I use:

I have complete compassion and acceptance for the outside world, and also for myself. I do wish things were different but I am never in control of anything but myself. So, I review my intentions every day knowing the world has its own ‘soul plan’ and things are transpiring in divine order (even if I do not always understand); accepting with compassion what is. 

How I respond to current events rather over react to them is up to me. I know my mind and emotions are often attempting to control my life. So, I check in with these regularly and know they are not really you I am.

Even what appears really bad can have some good in it. The pandemic is teaching us how much we need to love and support one another. We are moving from a ‘me’ world to a ‘we’ world.

I focus on ‘what is’ with gratitude rather than ‘what is not’ in my life.

I have learned to honor, value and love myself more than ever, allowing me to be and do the same with others.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment